Ports To Forward for Dead Space 2
The connection ports that need to be forwarded for Dead Space 2 are as follows:
Dead Space 2 - PC
- TCP: 28910, 29900-29901
- UDP: 8088-28088
Dead Space 2 - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037, 28910, 29900-29901
- UDP: 4380, 8088-28088
Dead Space 2 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Dead Space 2 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Dead Space 2 simply follow one of these links:
Dead Space 2 is a survival style of game. Survival games are focused on resource management, such as health and ammo, and sometimes include elements of stealth. Most are either post-apocalyptic or supernatural based, and many have a strong horror component. The primary gameplay mechanic is to simply stay alive for as long as possible. Many survival games have multiple waves of enemies that get harder with each wave. It is an extremely popular style for zombie invasion games.
Forward Ports for Dead Space 2
When you are playing Dead Space 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
When you are done following those steps your ports will be forwarded. Be sure to check out our full list of games and programs that can be forwarded.