Simple Draytek Vigor 2800G Router Port Forwarding Instructions
Your Draytek Vigor 2800G router has a firewall in place that helps protect it from unwanted Internet activity. The firewall does this by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections that have not been approved. Some online games and applications will run much smoother if you approve additional connections for that game or app. To do this you need to create what is called a port forward.
In this guide I will show you exactly how to port forward on the Draytek Vigor 2800G router. I will walk you through the following steps:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device you are forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the Draytek Vigor 2800G router.
- How to find the port forwarding section in your router.
- What information to enter to get the exact port you want forwarded.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
Port forwarding does not approve the port for the entire network, only one device on your network.
After you have finished creating a static IP address, write it down. You will need the static IP address a little later in this guide.
We can now login to the Draytek Vigor 2800G router. This router uses a web interface to make router setting changes so you need to open a web browser.
It should not matter which browser you decide to use, simply pick one you are familiar with such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Firefox.
Open up the web browser and find the address bar. This is normally at the top of the page like the image below:
As you can see in the image above I have circled the address bar. I have also entered the router's default IP address. Go ahead and do the same unless you have changed the router's IP address in the past. The router's IP address can also be called the computer's default gateway or the router's GUI address.
The default Draytek Vigor 2800G IP address is: 192.168.1.1
After you have entered the router's IP address simply press the Enter key on your computer keyboard. If the correct IP address was entered in the address bar you will see a login screen similar to the one below:
If you do not see a screen or box prompting you for a username and password, then the IP address was entered incorrectly or it has been changed. To find out what the current router IP address is, follow the directions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
- The Default Draytek Vigor 2800G Router Username is: admin
- The Default Draytek Vigor 2800G Router Password is: password
Enter your username and password, and then click the OK or Login button to gain access to your Draytek Vigor 2800G router.
Draytek Login Problems
If the above username and password did not work there are several things that can be done:
- First, you can try other common Draytek usernames and passwords. If you have a slightly different firmware version you may also have a different username and/or password. Here is our list of Default Draytek Router Passwords.
- If the above option did not work it is probable that you changed the username and/or password in the past for security reasons. This is highly recommended but also easily forgotten. You can try to guess or use our Find Password App. Learn more about it on this page.
- As a last resort, you may want to consider a factory reset for your router. This should only be considered after you have exhausted all other troubleshooting methods. Learn the basics of resetting a router on this How to Reset a Router page.
It is now time to find the port forwarding section of the router. To help you with this step, we begin on the System Status page of the interface.
First, open up the NAT option in the left sidebar of the page.
Then under that pick the option of Port Redirection.
You are now on the correct page to make a port forward.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
You need to name this entry in the Service Name box. The name does not make any difference in the forward; it's just there so that you can remember later why you setup this forward.
Use the Protocol dropdown box to select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding.
Enter the same port number to be forwarded into both the Public Port and the Private Port boxes.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to into the Private IP box. Note that if you are forwarding ports so you can run a program on a device other than your computer then you can enter your device's IP address into that box instead.
In the Active checkbox put a checkmark.
Once you are finished entering port forwards, click the OK button at the bottom of the screen to save your changes.
Test if Your Ports are Open
Now that you have forwarded ports on the Draytek Vigor 2800G you should test to see if your ports are forwarded correctly.
To test if your port has been properly forwarded, you can use our Network Utilities tool, which includes a free Open Port Checker. Our Open Port Check tool is the only online port checking tool with Guaranteed Results.
Port forwarding should be easy. If you are having problems with your port forward, use our Port Forwarding Software. Our software troubleshoots, diagnoses, and fixes any port forwarding issues you might be having. Our software makes port forwarding a router easy.
Here at portforward.com we have more than just port forwarding guides. Check out our networking, software, and gaming guides right here.
Are you interested in securing your router and tailoring it to your specific needs? We can help you do that on our site setuprouter.com.