Duke Nukem 3D includes the following styles of play.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
How to Port Forward Duke Nukem 3D
When you are playing Duke Nukem 3D you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to navigate to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Duke Nukem 3D Require
The required incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Duke Nukem 3D are as follows:
Duke Nukem 3D - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Duke Nukem 3D - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Duke Nukem 3D yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Duke Nukem 3D simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.