Far Cry 5 is a First-Person, Shooter, Action, and Adventure game published by Ubisoft released in 2018.
Which Ports Does Far Cry 5 Require
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Far Cry 5 are as follows:
Far Cry 5 - PC
- TCP: 6005-6190
- UDP: 9000, 9103, 11110, 11115, 12000
Far Cry 5 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480, 6005-6190
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 9000, 9103, 11110, 11115, 12000
Far Cry 5 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074, 6005-6190
- UDP: 88, 500, 1001, 3074, 3544, 4500, 9000, 9103, 12000
Far Cry 5 - Steam
- TCP: 6005-6190, 27015, 27036
- UDP: 9000, 9103, 11110, 11115, 12000, 27015, 27031-27036
We have guides that are custom tailored for Far Cry 5 that will show you the network ports.
Far Cry 5 includes the following styles of gameplay.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
Port Forward Far Cry 5
When you are playing Far Cry 5 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.