Forward Ports on Your Router for F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin has the following styles of play.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
How to Port Forward F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
When you are playing F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
The network ports for F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin are as follows:
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin - PC
- TCP: 27888
- UDP: 27888
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
We have guides that are custom tailored for F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin that will show you the incoming ports that need to be forwarded.
- F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin - PC
- F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin - Playstation 3
- F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin - Xbox 360
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.