When you play Flight Simulator 2000 you will experience the following styles of play.
- Flight games are similar to car driving games in that you are usually in the cockpit of a plane or helicopter. They can also be from the view of a chase camera. Some flight games are atmospheric and some are space based.
- Simulation is a huge category of games that includes driving and flying simulators, social simulations, medical simulations, sports simulations, and even dating simulations. They attempt to mimic the real world in a way that is either educational or rewarding or both. Popular examples include SimCity, FlightGear, and Madden NFL.
How to Port Forward Flight Simulator 2000
When you are playing Flight Simulator 2000 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the fastest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Flight Simulator 2000
The incoming connection ports that need to be forwarded for Flight Simulator 2000 are as follows:
Flight Simulator 2000 - PC
- TCP: 47624
- UDP: 2300-2400
We have guides that are custom tailored for Flight Simulator 2000 that will show you the specific ports.
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.