Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for Garry's Mod Server:
Garry's Mod Server - PC
- TCP: 27015
- UDP: 27015, 27020
Setting Up a Port Forward for Garry's Mod Server
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use Garry's Mod Server. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to Garry's Mod Server.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Forwarding a Port for Garry's Mod Server
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for Garry's Mod Server in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Garry's Mod Server:
List of Routers - Customized for Garry's Mod Server
That's all it takes to forward your ports for Garry's Mod Server.