How to Open a Port in Your Router for GRIT
GRIT includes the following styles of play.
- In a third person game you typically run around looking over the shoulder of the main character. They are frequently shooters like Gears of War or platformers like Tomb Raider or Assassins Creed.
- Survival games are usually focused on resource management, such as ammo and health, and occasionally include elements of stealth. They tend to be based on either supernatural enemies, have horror themes, or be post-apocalyptic. The primary gameplay mechanic is to simply stay alive.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
Port Forward GRIT
When you are playing GRIT you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the easiest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does GRIT Require
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for GRIT are as follows:
GRIT - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and GRIT simply follow one of these links:
When you are done following those steps your ports will be open. Do you need more games or programs forwarded? Check out our games and programs list.