Creating a Port Forward in Your Router for Guacamelee!
Guacamelee! offers the following styles of play.
- In a 2D style game the graphics are usually more flat and do not have a 3D appearance. Some 2D games will have flat graphics with a 3D appearance to them but they are still considered 2D games.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
- Beat 'em up games are a video games featuring hand-to-hand combat between the protagonist and an improbably large number of opponents. They games typically take place in urban settings and feature crime-fighting and revenge-based plots, though some games may employ fantasy, historical, or sci-fi themes.
- Platform games are usually action games that require the player to hop from one platform to another, usually in some sort of acrobatic way. They are good for people with fast reflexes. They can come in short and long story varieties. Typical platform games are Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
How to Port Forward Guacamelee!
When you are playing Guacamelee! you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Guacamelee!
The network ports for Guacamelee! are as follows:
Guacamelee! - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Guacamelee! - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Guacamelee! - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Guacamelee! - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Guacamelee! - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Guacamelee! - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Guacamelee! that will show you the incoming ports.
- Guacamelee! - Playstation 3
- Guacamelee! - Playstation 4
- Guacamelee! - Steam
- Guacamelee! - Switch
- Guacamelee! - Xbox 360
- Guacamelee! - Xbox One
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.