Halo: Combat Evolved includes the following styles of gameplay.
Port Forward Halo: Combat Evolved
When you are playing Halo: Combat Evolved you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the easiest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Halo: Combat Evolved
The exact ports for Halo: Combat Evolved are as follows:
Halo: Combat Evolved - PC
- UDP: 2302-2303
We have guides that are custom tailored for Halo: Combat Evolved that will show you the required ports that need to be forwarded.
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.