The ports that need to be forwarded for Helium Hotspot are listed here:
Helium Hotspot - Internet of Things
- TCP: 44158
Setting Up a Port Forward for Helium Hotspot
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use Helium Hotspot. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to Helium Hotspot.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your device.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Forward Ports for Helium Hotspot
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put the IP address of your device in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for Helium Hotspot in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Helium Hotspot:
List of Routers - Customized for Helium Hotspot
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Helium Hotspot.