To Setup a static IP address:
- Download our PF Setup Static IP Address Program
- Install PF Setup Static IP Address
- Run PF Setup Static IP Address. Your network will be analyzed. You can then click Make it Static to change your IP address to static. We take care of the rest.
- Scan your network for available IP addresses
- Pick the best IP address and DNS server for you, so you don't have to do anything.
- Save your network settings so you can take your laptop with you and always have the network settings you want available.
- DHCP release / renew. In fact PFStaticIP makes an excellent free WinIPCfg replacement.
Here is a shot of the main screen. You can even change your network settings right here on this screen if you want. This makes it really quick to manage your network.
If you want to get advanced you can, but most users can just let PFStaticIP make all the choices for them.
You can save and load network configurations for quick changes.
For additional instructions click here.