Hidden & Dangerous is a First-Person, Tactical, Action, Strategy, and Shooter game published by TalonSoft, 2K Games released in 1999.
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Hidden & Dangerous are as follows:
Hidden & Dangerous - PC
- TCP: 2234, 2300-2400, 2880, 6073, 6500, 6667, 8000, 9000, 9110, 9113, 28800, 47624
- UDP: 2234, 2300-2400, 2880, 6073, 6500, 6667, 8000, 9000, 9110, 9113, 28800, 47624
Hidden & Dangerous - Steam
- TCP: 2234, 2300-2400, 2880, 6073, 6500, 6667, 8000, 9000, 9110, 9113, 27015, 27036, 28800, 47624
- UDP: 2234, 2300-2400, 2880, 6073, 6500, 6667, 8000, 9000, 9110, 9113, 27015, 27031-27036, 28800, 47624
We have guides that are custom tailored for Hidden & Dangerous that will show you the incoming connection ports.
Hidden & Dangerous offers the following styles of gameplay.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- In a strategy game the player is required to use skillful thinking and a strong focus on planning ahead in order to achieve victory over their opponent. They can be either single player against bots or multiplayer against other players. They come in both turn-based and real-time versions, the former allowing each player a chance to complete their turn, the latter having a continuous running clock without stopping. Resource management and exploration are common themes in strategy games.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
When you are playing Hidden & Dangerous you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.