The Huawei B593s-22 4G router has a firewall. This firewall helps protect your home network from unwanted Internet access. Your firewall does this by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections that are not authorized. Some online gaming and programs will run much smoother if you authorize additional connections. This process is often called a port forward.
In this guide I will show you how to port forward on the Huawei B593s-22 4G router. The steps I will be walking you through are:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device you are forwarding the ports to.
- How to login to the Huawei B593s-22 4G router.
- How to find the port forwarding page.
- How to create a port forward entry.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free Static IP Setter will set up a static IP address for you.
- Another way to get a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP reservation.
- Or, manually create a static ip address with our Static IP Guides.
This step is important because you want a permanent IP address in your device. If you do not set up a permanent IP address in your device, then when you device reboots it may get a new IP address.
**TIP:**Write this static IP address down. You need the address when creating a port forward entry.
Once you have a static IP address for the device you are forwarding these ports to, it is time to login to the Huawei B593s-22 4G router. To do this you need to open a web browser. It normally doesn't matter which browser you decide to use. I recommend using one you are familiar with such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.
Open up your web browser and find the address bar. It should look something like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Huawei B593s-22 IP Address is: 192.168.1.1
After entering the IP address of your router you can simply press Enter. If all goes well you will see the following screen:
If you don't see a login page then you need to find out what the router's IP address has been changed to. Follow the directions in our How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
Enter the router's username and password in the spaces:
- The Default Huawei B593s-22 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Huawei B593s-22 Router Password is: password
Press the purple Login button to access the Huawei B593s-22 4G router interface.
Are you having trouble logging into the Huawei B593s-22 4G router? Here are a few troubleshooting ideas:
- Try other Huawei default username/password combinations. Here is the list of all the known Default Huawei Router Passwords. When router companies update the router firmware, every once in a while they change the router's default username/password combination as well.
- If the list above did not work, it is probably because you changed the username and/or password in the past and have forgotten. Use our Find Password App, it will help you find out what the username and/or password was changed to.
- Finally, you may need to consider a factory reset for the Huawei B593s-22 4G router. This erases everything you have changed on the router in the past. Learn how to do this on our How to Reset a Router page.
Now that you are logged into the Huawei B593s-22 4G router interface you need to find the port forwarding section of the device. To help you do this we will begin on the Overview page:
Start by choosing the option at the top of the page labeled Security.
Then, in the left sidebar click the new option of Port Forwarding.
You should now see a page like the one above. Select the option in the center section of the page labeled Add Item.
You are now on the correct page to make a port forward entry.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
From the Type dropdown box pick Custom.
From the Protocol box select the protocol for the ports that you want to forward.
The Remote host box needs to be left blank.
If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the port range into the Remote port range box. The lowest port in the range should be entered first, then a dash, and then the highest port in the range. For example, you can enter 500-600 to forward all ports between 500 and 600.
Enter the IP address of the device that you want to forward ports to into the Local host box. This can be either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another device on your network.
Type the port to forward into the Local port box.
From the Status dropdown box select Enabled.
When you are finished, click the Submit button.
When you are finished with each entry, be sure to click the Submit button in the lower right corner of the screen.
Test if Your Ports are Open
Now that you have forwarded ports on the SHuawei B593s-22 4G you should test to see if your ports are forwarded correctly.
To test if your port has been properly forwarded, you can use our Network Utilities tool, which includes a free Open Port Checker. Our Open Port Check tool is the only online port checking tool with Guaranteed Results.
Check out our other networking, gaming, and software guide here.
Do you need help with your router setup? How to login, setup WiFi, change IP addresses, find it all on setuprouter.com.