Your Huawei B612s-51d router protects your home network by limiting incoming connections from the internet. Sometimes it is necessary to unblock some of those connections like when you want to create a direct connection for gaming, use a specific application, or set up a new device on your network. This process is called forwarding or opening a port. In your Huawei B612s-51d router you many need to open a port, which means assigning a port number or set of port numbers to a specific IP address. This routes the incoming data to the correct device on your network.
In order to open ports in your Huawei B612s-51d router, you need to:
- Set up a static IP address on the device or computer you are forwarding these ports to.
- Log in to your Huawei B612s-51d router.
- Make your way to the Virtual Server section of the Huawei B612s-51d router.
- Find the Settings tab at the top of the screen and click on it.
- Find the Security tab located near the left of the screen and click it.
- Click on the Virtual Server link, which is at the left of the screen.
- Create a Virtual Server entry.
If the process of forwarding ports in your router seems difficult to you, you are not alone! Do not get discouraged. Let us walk you through the steps for opening a port in the Huawei B612s-51d router. Just follow along as we lead you through the process of opening a port in your router.
Step 1 - Setup A Static IP Address
In order to ensure that your ports remain open in your device even after it reboots, it is important to set up a static IP address in your device.
Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
Ã¢ÂÂ Download Network Utilities today!
Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
Step 2 - Login To Your Huawei Router
Log in to the Huawei B612s-51d router. To do this you need to use a web browser because the Huawei B612s-51d router uses what is called a web interface.
It normally doesn't matter what web browser you use so go ahead and open up your favorite. If you don't have a favorite then open up Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.
If that is confusing to you, we have simplified this step with this link: Login to your B612s-51d Router
Once you have opened up a browser window, find the address bar. This is usually at the top of the page like the image below shows.
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your web browser and type in your router's IP address.
The Huawei B612s-51d router's default IP address is: 192.168.8.1
After typing your router's IP address into the address bar, make sure to click the enter button on your keyboard. You should see a box similar to the one shown below.
To login, enter the username and password for the Huawei B612s-51ds. Important Note: If you have changed them in the past, you need to enter in those values.
- The default Huawei B612s-51d Router Username is: admin
- The default Huawei B612s-51d Router Password is: admin
Once you enter your username and password, click the Login button.
Huawei Usernames and Passwords
If the username or password did not work check out our Default Huawei Router Passwords page.
If you are unable to log in even after trying the above list of passwords you may need to consider a reset for your router. Our guide How to Reset a Router can help you with that. After resetting the Huawei B612s-51d router your username and password will be reverted back to factory defaults.
Step 3 - Find The Port Forwarding Section
You should be on your routers home page once you complete logging in. Find the Virtual Server section on the home page of the Huawei B612s-51d router.
- Find the Settings tab at the top of the screen and click it.
- Click on the Security tab, which is at the left of the screen.
- Click the Virtual Server link at the left of the screen.
You are now on the Virtual Server page.
Step 4 - Create A Port Forward Entry
Forwarding ports in your router creates a path that allows data to get through your network firewall, and this could lead to malicious traffic on your network. So make sure that you must forward a port before actually doing so. However, the risk is very low, so do not let this warning stop you from making this change if you need to.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
- Click on the Add button at the middle of the screen.
- In the Name box, type in a name for this forward. This will serve as a reminder to you in the future as to why this forward was set up, so give it a name that makes sense to you.
- Go ahead and enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to into the LAN IP Address box. It is possible for this to be either the IP address of your computer or of any other device on your network that you want ports forwarded to.
- The WAN Port box accepts either a single number or a range of numbers. If you are forwarding a single port number, then enter that port number into the WAN Port box. If you are forwarding a range of ports such as 1000-2000, then you can enter the lowest number of that range into the WAN Port box, followed by a hyphen, followed by the largest number.
- Take the same values that you entered into the WAN Port box, and enter them into the LAN Port box.
- Select the protocol type of the ports that you are forwarding from the Protocol dropdown box. If your router has the option of Both, then go ahead and select that. Otherwise, select either TCP or UDP as needed. If you need to forward a port for both TCP and UDP, but your router does not have Both, then you will need to create two entries.
- Make the Enabled selection in the Status drop-down list.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page to apply these changes when you are completely finished.
Test Your Open Ports
Finally, test your network to see if you have forwarded ports in the Huawei B612s-51d router correctly. To do this you can use Network Utilities, which includes a free Open Port Checker tool. Open Port Checker is the only online port-checking tool that has Guaranteed Results.
Check Out These Helpful Guides: