Fastest Huawei E5573s Router Open Port Guide
This Huawei E5573s router has a firewall that is there to help protect your home network from unwanted Internet access. The firewall does this by blocking incoming and outgoing connections that have not been authorized. Sometimes when playing a game online or using an online application you need to have some additional connections opened to allow for a better overall experience. This process is called a port forward.
In this guide we show you exactly how to setup the port forward on your Huawei E5573s router. We will walk you through each of the following steps:
- How to create a static IP address on the device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the Huawei E5573s router.
- How to find the port forwarding section of the router.
- Finally, we will be showing you how to create a port forward entry.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
When logging into the Huawei E5573s router you need to know that it uses a web interface. This means you need to login using a web browser. It really should not matter what browser you decide to use, we recommend simply picking a favorite. Some of the more common options are Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari.
Open up the web browser you have chosen, then locate the address bar. The address bar is normally at the top of the page like this:
The address bar has been circled for you in the image above. We have also entered the default IP address into the image of the address bar. All you need to do is copy that into your address bar in the web browser's address bar and press Enter.
The default Huawei E5573s IP address is: 192.168.8.1
If the above IP address did not work or you have changed it in the past, then you need to find out what the address is. To do that, follow the instructions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address guide.
Once you have entered the router's IP address, just press the Enter key. This takes you to the Logged out Home page:
Press the Log In link in the upper right corner of the screen:
Simply enter the username and password for the router here and press the blue Log In button to gain access to the Huawei E5573s router.
- The Default Huawei E5573s Router Username is: admin
- The Default Huawei E5573s Router Password is: password
If you find yourself stuck on this step, don't panic there are a few things you can do:
- First, try other Huawei passwords. If you have a different firmware version then you could also have a different username and password. Here is our list of Default Huawei Router Passwords.
- Next, try guessing what it may have been changed to. If the list of passwords did not work it is because the password and/or username was changed in the past. If you need some help guessing use our Find Password App. It will automate the process of guessing thousands of different possibilities. Learn more on this Router Password Cracker page.
- Finally if you are still locked out of your router setup pages, it might be time to consider a reset. A reset like this one is a big step. All your personal changes are erased. We highly recommend exhausting your other troubleshooting methods first. Learn the basics of how to reset a router on this How to Reset a Router page.
In this third step we will walk you through how to find the port forwarding section of the router. We begin on the Home page:
Now that you are logged in, click the option at the top of the page labeled Settings.
Next, a new list of options appears on the left side of the page. Click the option of Security.
Under that pick the option of Virtual Server.
You are now on the correct page to make a port forward entry.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
You need to name this entry in the Name box. The name does not make any difference in the forward; it's just there so that you can remember later why you setup this forward.
Enter the port to forward into the WAN Port and the LAN Port boxes.
Enter the IP address to forward these ports to into the LAN IP Address box. If you are forwarding ports so you can run a program on a device other than your computer then you can enter your device's IP address into that box.
From the Protocol box select the protocol for the ports that you want to forward.
In the Status dropdown box select On.
When you are finished, click the OK button.
After you have finished, click the option labeled Apply to save your changes.
Testing The Ports
It is always a good idea to check the ports you just finished forwarding. In order to do this we suggest using our Open Port Checker. It is FREE to use if you get it with our trial version of the Network Utilities. Our Open Port Checker is better than others online because we use a local application to see if the server is listening. Others simply make an assumption about which applications you have installed onto your computer. Our Port Checker is GUARANTEED to work.
Don't forget to check out the other guides we have here at portforward.comWe have everything from gaming guides to networking and software guides.
How about guides written specifically to help you setup your router. Do you need a guide to help setup your wireless network? How about setting up the DNS or changing the radio channel? We have these and more on setuprouter.com.