The following ports need to be forwarded for INSTEON Hub:
INSTEON Hub - PC
- TCP: 25105
Set Up a Port Forward for INSTEON Hub
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use INSTEON Hub. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to INSTEON Hub.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your device's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for INSTEON Hub
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your device's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for INSTEON Hub in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for INSTEON Hub:
List of Routers - Customized for INSTEON Hub
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for INSTEON Hub.