The following ports need to be forwarded for INSTEON SmartLinc:
INSTEON SmartLinc - PC
- TCP: 80
Forward Ports for INSTEON SmartLinc
When you use INSTEON SmartLinc you might need to forward some ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to INSTEON SmartLinc.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your device.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for INSTEON SmartLinc
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put the IP address of your device in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for INSTEON SmartLinc in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for INSTEON SmartLinc:
List of Routers - Customized for INSTEON SmartLinc
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for INSTEON SmartLinc.