A Jensen Scandinavia AL3000DG router contains a basic firewall to help protect your home network. A Firewall blocks incoming connections by nature. Sometimes you need to unblock some of these connections so you can run a game or application. This is called opening a port or port forwarding. Port forwarding is literally forwarding a port from the internet to your home network.
To open a port in your Jensen Scandinavia AL3000DG router, follow these important steps:
- Set up a static IP address on the computer or device that you are forwarding ports to.
- Go ahead and log in to your Jensen Scandinavia AL3000DG router.
- Find the Port Forwarding section in your Jensen Scandinavia AL3000DG router.
- Click on the Advanced Settings tab at the left of the screen.
- Click on the NAT tab, which is at the left of the screen.
- Find the Port Forwarding tab located near the left of the screen and click it.
- Go ahead and create a Port Forwarding entry.
If the process of forwarding ports in your router seems difficult to you, you are not alone! Do not get discouraged. Let us walk you through the steps for opening a port in the Jensen Scandinavia AL3000DG router. Just follow along as we lead you through the process of opening a port in your router.
Setup A Static IP Address
In order to keep the ports in your router open, even after a reboot or disconnect, it is important to set up a static IP address in the device that you are forwarding a port to.
Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
â Download Network Utilities today!
Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
Login To Your Jensen Scandinavia Router
In order to login to the Jensen Scandinavia AL3000DG router you need to use a web browser. The Jensen Scandinavia AL3000DG router uses what is called a web interface where you can access and control router settings.
Go ahead and open up your favorite web browser. If you don't have a favorite or are not sure what this means, open up Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.
If this step is confusing, we have simplified it for you with this link: Login to your AL3000DG Router
Find the address bar once you have opened up a web browser. This is usually located at the top of the page, like in the image below.
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your web browser and type in your router's IP address.
The Jensen Scandinavia AL3000DG router's default IP address is: 192.168.0.1
Once you have finished entering your router's IP address into the address bar, click the enter button on your keyboard. A box similar to the one below should appear.
Enter the username and password for your Jensen Scandinavia AL3000DG router. Note: If you have changed these numbers in the past, you will need to enter in the those values.
- The default Jensen Scandinavia AL3000DG Router Username is: admin
- The default Jensen Scandinavia AL3000DG Router Password is: 1234
Once you have entered your username and password, remember to click the Log In button to login to your Jensen Scandinavia AL3000DG router.
Jensen Scandinavia Usernames and Passwords
If the username and password did not work I recommend checking out our Default Jensen Scandinavia Router Passwords page.
If, after trying the above list of passwords you still can't login you may need to consider a reset for your router. Learn how to do that by reading our How to Reset a Router guide. After resetting the Jensen Scandinavia AL3000DG router your username and password are reverted back to factory defaults.
Find the Port Forwarding Section
You should be on the home page of your Jensen Scandinavia AL3000DG router once you have successfully logged in. Find the Port Forwarding section of your router.
- Click on the Advanced Settings tab, which is at the left of the screen.
- Find the NAT tab at the left of the screen and click it.
- Find the Port Forwarding tab located near the left of the screen and click on it.
You should now be on a page called Port Forwarding.
Create A Port Forward
Opening a port to a specific device may solve problems that you are having on your network. Make sure that it is necessary though, before opening a port, because you are effectively creating a pinhole in the firewall portion of your router that could lead to malicious traffic on your network. The risk is exceedingly low, though, so don't let this warning stop you from making this change if you need it.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
- Make sure that the box called Enable Port Forwarding is checked.
- You need to enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to into the Private IP box. This can be either the IP address of your computer or any other IP address on your network that you want ports forwarded to.
- Select the protocol type of the ports that you are forwarding from the Protocol dropdown box. If your router has the option of Both, then go ahead and select that. Otherwise, select either TCP or UDP as needed. If you need to forward a port for both TCP and UDP, but your router does not have Both, then you will need to create two entries.
- To forward a single port, enter the port number into the first and second Port Range boxes. To forward a range of ports, enter the lowest number in the range into the first Port Range box. Then enter the highest number in the range into the second Port Range box.
- Create a name for this forward and type it into the Comment box. Since the name does not have an effect on the functionality of the forward, choose a name that will help you remember why the forward was created.
- Click on the button that says Add.
- When you are completely finished, click the Apply button at the bottom of the page to apply these changes.
Test Your Open Ports
Finally, test your network to see if you have forwarded ports in the Jensen Scandinavia AL3000DG router correctly. To do this you can use Network Utilities, which includes a free Open Port Checker tool. Open Port Checker is the only online port-checking tool that has Guaranteed Results.
More Guides To Check Out: