Opening Ports for Layers of Fear using Your Router
Layers of Fear offers the following genres of gameplay.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
Forward Ports for Layers of Fear
When you are playing Layers of Fear you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Layers of Fear Require
The specific incoming ports for Layers of Fear are as follows:
Layers of Fear - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Layers of Fear yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Layers of Fear - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Layers of Fear - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Layers of Fear - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Layers of Fear - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Layers of Fear simply follow one of these links:
- Layers of Fear - Playstation 4
- Layers of Fear - Switch
- Layers of Fear - Xbox One
- Layers of Fear - Steam
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.