This **LB-Link BL-WR3000 ** router has a firewall that helps protect your local network from unwanted Internet access. This firewall does this by blocking incoming connections you may need opened for a better gaming or application experience. In order to open additional connections or ports you need to create what is called a port forward.
In this guide I will show you how to port forward on the **LB-Link BL-WR3000 ** router. The steps I will be covering are:
- setup a static IP address on the device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- login to the **LB-Link BL-WR3000 ** router web interface.
- find the port forwarding page in the router's web interface.
- setup a port forward for the online game or program of your choice.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free Static IP Setter will set up a static IP address for you.
- Another way to get a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP reservation.
- Or, manually create a static ip address with our Static IP Guides.
This step is important because you want a permanent IP address in your device. If you do not set up a permanent IP address in your device, then when you device reboots it may get a new IP address.
TIP: Write this static IP address down, you need it in step 4.
Your **LB-Link BL-WR3000 ** uses a web interface meaning you need to open a web browser. It typically doesn't matter what browser you decide to use, I recommend picking the one you are most comfortable with such as Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox.
After opening the desired web browser, find the address bar. This is normally at the top of the page like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default LB-Link BL-WR3000 IP Address is: 192.168.16.1 If everything works like it should you will see a login screen similar to the one below:
If you don't see a login screen then something did not go right. The most likely scenario is the router's IP address has been changed. Follow the directions on our How To Find Your Router's IP Address page to find out what it has been changed to.
You should see a space for a username and password.
- The Default LB-Link BL-WR3000 Router Username is: admin
- The Default LB-Link BL-WR3000 Router Password is: password
After you have entered the router's username and password, go ahead and press the OK button to continue.
This is a pretty common place to get stuck. If you find yourself here, don't panic, there are a few things you can try:
- First, check all the different LB-Link default combinations. Here is our list of all known Default LB-Link Router Passwords.
- Second, try and guess what the password/username was changed to. Use our Find Password App to make this step easier.
- Finally, if you still are stuck after trying both of the above options, it may be time to consider a factory reset. Learn more about this option on the How to Reset a Router page.
It is now time to find the port forwarding section of the router. To help you with this step, we begin on the Basic Setup page:
First, click the Advanced option in the lower right corner of the screen.
You should now see a page like the one shown above. Click the option in the left sidebar labeled Advanced Settings.
This should take you to the correct page to make a port forward entry. It will look like the screenshot above. If you don't see this page, click the tab at the top of the page labeled Port Forwarding.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Put a dot into the Enable radio button.
Enter the name of the program into the Name box. It doesn't really matter what you put into this box, but something that will remind you why these ports are being forwarded is be a good idea.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to in the Private IP Address box. You can enter either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another computer or device on your network.
Select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding from the Protocol box.
Enter the port to forward into the Public Port and the Private Port boxes.
When you are finished, be sure to click the Apply button at the bottom of the page.
Are your the ports you just forwarded really open? An easy way to find out is use our free Open Port Checker. It uses a local application to see if the ports are open or not. This guarantees our port checkers accuracy.
Check out our other guides here. We have a growing list of free gaming, networking, and software guides here at portforward.com.
Our other site setuprouter.com can help you setup a secure home network with your exact router.