How To Open Ports in Your Router for League of Legends: Wild Rift
League of Legends: Wild Rift includes the following styles of play.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- In a real time strategy game multiple players are fighting for control of a battlefield, usually in a top down view. RTS games can also be in a 3rd person or isometric viewpoint. They tend to involve time and resource management as well as troop and building construction.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
Forward Ports for League of Legends: Wild Rift
When you are playing League of Legends: Wild Rift you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does League of Legends: Wild Rift Require
The exact ports for League of Legends: Wild Rift are as follows:
League of Legends: Wild Rift - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
League of Legends: Wild Rift - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
League of Legends: Wild Rift - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and League of Legends: Wild Rift simply follow one of these links:
- League of Legends: Wild Rift - Playstation 4
- League of Legends: Wild Rift - Switch
- League of Legends: Wild Rift - Xbox One
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.