Ports To Forward for Left 4 Dead 2
The network ports for Left 4 Dead 2 are as follows:
Left 4 Dead 2 - Steam
- TCP: 27015, 27036
- UDP: 27015, 27031-27036
Left 4 Dead 2 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
We have guides that are custom tailored for Left 4 Dead 2 that will show you the exact ports.
Left 4 Dead 2 includes the following styles of play.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
- In a survival game you simply need to stay alive. Some have waves of enemies that get harder with each wave. Many are horror based, supernatural, or post-apocalyptic. They generally focus on conserving resources such as ammo and health, and sometimes employ elements of stealth.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
How to Port Forward Left 4 Dead 2
When you are playing Left 4 Dead 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.