The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for LeMedia are:
LeMedia - Default
- TCP: 1084, 1131, 1308, 8080, 9090
- UDP: 1900, 9777, 12374
Forward Ports for LeMedia
When you use LeMedia you might need to forward some ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to LeMedia.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your media server's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for LeMedia
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put your media server's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for LeMedia in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for LeMedia:
List of Routers - Customized for LeMedia
That's all it takes to forward your ports for LeMedia.