Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for LibreELEC:
LibreELEC - Default
- TCP: 111, 1084, 1131, 1308, 8080, 8765, 9090
- UDP: 69, 1900, 9777, 12374
Forward Ports for LibreELEC
When you use LibreELEC you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to LibreELEC.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The IP address of your media server.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Forward Ports for LibreELEC
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your media server's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for LibreELEC in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for LibreELEC:
List of Routers - Customized for LibreELEC
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for LibreELEC.