The ports that need to be forwarded for Lightwave Link Plus are listed here:
Lightwave Link Plus - Automation
- UDP: 69, 2003, 2011, 2013
Set Up a Port Forward for Lightwave Link Plus
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use Lightwave Link Plus. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to Lightwave Link Plus.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your device's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for Lightwave Link Plus
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your device's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for Lightwave Link Plus in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Lightwave Link Plus:
List of Routers - Customized for Lightwave Link Plus
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for Lightwave Link Plus.