A Linksys EA2750 router protects your home network by blocking unwanted incoming internet connections and acting as a basic firewall. Sometimes you need to open a port in your router in order to get a good connection for a game or to use a specific device on your network. The EA2750 lets you choose the applications that are allowed to connect through an open port. By opening a port in your router you allow a specific application or game to send data from the internet to your home network.
To open ports in your Linksys EA2750 router, follow the steps below:
- Set up a static IP address on the computer or device that you are forwarding ports to.
- Go ahead and log in to your Linksys EA2750 router.
- Make your way to the Port Range Forwarding section of the Linksys EA2750 router.
- Click the Security tab, which is at the left of the screen.
- Find the Apps and Gaming tab at the top of the screen and click on it.
- Find the Port Range Forwarding link located near the top middle of the screen and click on it.
- Go ahead and create a Port Forwarding entry.
The process of opening ports in your router may seem like a difficult task. If so, you are not alone! We are here to help walk you through the steps to open a port in the Linksys EA2750 router.
Setup A Static IP Address
In order to keep the ports in your router open, even after a reboot or disconnect, it is important to set up a static IP address in the device that you are forwarding a port to.
Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
â Download Network Utilities today!
Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
Login To Your Linksys Router
Log in to the Linksys EA2750 router. To do this you need to use a web browser because the Linksys EA2750 router uses what is called a web interface.
It normally doesn't matter what web browser you use so go ahead and open up your favorite. If you don't have a favorite then open up Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.
If that is confusing to you, we have simplified this step with this link: Login to your EA2750 Router
Once you have opened up a browser window, find the address bar. This is usually at the top of the page like the image below shows.
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your web browser and type in your router's IP address.
The Linksys EA2750 router's default IP address is: 192.168.1.1
Once you have finished entering your router's IP address into the address bar, click the enter button on your keyboard. A box similar to the one below should appear.
To login, enter the username and password for the Linksys EA2750s. Important Note: If you have changed them in the past, you need to enter in those values.
- The default Linksys EA2750 Router Username is: blank
- The default Linksys EA2750 Router Password is: admin
Once you enter your username and password, click the Login button.
Linksys Usernames and Passwords
If the username and password did not work I recommend checking out our Default Linksys Router Passwords page.
If, after trying the above list of passwords you still can't login you may need to consider a reset for your router. Learn how to do that by reading our How to Reset a Router guide. After resetting the Linksys EA2750 router your username and password are reverted back to factory defaults.
Find the Port Forwarding Section
After successfully logging in to your Linksys EA2750 router you should see the router's home page on your screen. Find the Port Forwarding section of your router.
- Find the Security tab at the left of the screen and click on it.
- Click the Apps and Gaming tab at the top of the screen.
- Find the Port Range Forwarding link at the top middle of the screen and click it.
You should now be on a page called Port Forwarding.
Create A Port Forward
Opening a port to a specific device may solve problems that you are having on your network. Make sure that it is necessary though, before opening a port, because you are effectively creating a pinhole in the firewall portion of your router that could lead to malicious traffic on your network. The risk is exceedingly low, though, so don't let this warning stop you from making this change if you need it.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
- Click the Add a new Port Range Forwarding button, which is at the left of the screen.
- Type in a name for this forward in the Application Name box. Choose a name that will help you remember why this forward was set up since it does not affect the functionality of the forward.
- To forward a single port, enter the port number into the Start Port and the End Port boxes. To forward a range of ports, enter the lowest number in the range into the Start Port box. Then enter the highest number in the range into the End Port box.
- Select Both from the Protocol drop-down box.
- You need to enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to into the Device IP box. This can be either the IP address of your computer or any other IP address on your network that you want ports forwarded to.
- Put a check in the box named Enabled.
- Find the Save link at the left of the screen and click on it.
- Click the Apply button at the bottom of the page when you are completely finished to apply these changes.
Test If Your Ports Are Open
Finally, I strongly recommend testing to see if you forwarded the Linksys EA2750 ports correctly. To do this you can use our Network Utilities tool, which includes a free Open Port Checker. Open Port Checker is the only online port checking tool that has Guaranteed Results.
More Guides To Check Out: