MechWarrior 4: Black Knight offers the following genres of gameplay.
Port Forward MechWarrior 4: Black Knight
When you are playing MechWarrior 4: Black Knight you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does MechWarrior 4: Black Knight Require
The ports for MechWarrior 4: Black Knight are as follows:
MechWarrior 4: Black Knight - PC
- TCP: 2300-2400, 47624, 27999, 28800-28809
- UDP: 2300-2400, 27999, 28800-28809
We have guides that are custom tailored for MechWarrior 4: Black Knight that will show you the specific ports.
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.