How to Create a Port Forward in Your Router for Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond
When you play Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond you will experience the following styles of play.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
- VR games require a VR headset and usually some sort of hand-held input device.
Port Forward Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond
When you are playing Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond are as follows:
Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
We have guides that are custom tailored for Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond that will show you the exact ports.
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.