How to Forward Ports in Your Router for Mega Man 11
Mega Man 11 offers the following genres of gameplay.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- Platform games are usually action games that require the player to hop from one platform to another, usually in some sort of acrobatic way. They are good for people with fast reflexes. They can come in short and long story varieties. Typical platform games are Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
Port Forward Mega Man 11
When you are playing Mega Man 11 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Mega Man 11 Require
The ports that need to be forwarded for Mega Man 11 are as follows:
Mega Man 11 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Mega Man 11 - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Mega Man 11 - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Mega Man 11 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Mega Man 11 that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded in your router.
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.