When you play Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - HD Edition you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
- In a stealth style game you use hiding, disguises, muffled clothing, and shadows to overcome antagonists. Sometimes in a stealth style of game you get the choice of taking the quiet approach or the direct approach of attacking the enemy. Stealth games frequently feature a strong strategy component as well.
Forward Ports for Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - HD Edition
When you are playing Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - HD Edition you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - HD Edition Require
The network ports for Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - HD Edition are as follows:
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - HD Edition - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - HD Edition - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
We have guides that are custom tailored for Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - HD Edition that will show you the connection ports.
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - HD Edition - Playstation 3
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - HD Edition - Xbox 360
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.