Forwarding Ports in Your Router for Mordheim: City of the Damned
When you play Mordheim: City of the Damned you will experience the following styles of play.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
- In most turn based games each player has a turn to play while the other can simply manage their options for when their turn comes around.
- In a strategy game the player is required to use skillful thinking and a strong focus on planning ahead in order to achieve victory over their opponent. They can be either single player against bots or multiplayer against other players. They come in both turn-based and real-time versions, the former allowing each player a chance to complete their turn, the latter having a continuous running clock without stopping. Resource management and exploration are common themes in strategy games.
Forward Ports for Mordheim: City of the Damned
When you are playing Mordheim: City of the Damned you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Mordheim: City of the Damned Require
The specific incoming ports for Mordheim: City of the Damned are as follows:
Mordheim: City of the Damned - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Mordheim: City of the Damned - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Mordheim: City of the Damned - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Mordheim: City of the Damned simply follow one of these links:
- Mordheim: City of the Damned - Steam
- Mordheim: City of the Damned - Playstation 4
- Mordheim: City of the Damned - Xbox One
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.