The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for MUnique OpenMU Server are:
MUnique OpenMU Server - PC
- TCP: 44405, 55901-55903, 55980
Set Up a Port Forward for MUnique OpenMU Server
When you use MUnique OpenMU Server you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to MUnique OpenMU Server.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Forward Ports for MUnique OpenMU Server
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for MUnique OpenMU Server in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for MUnique OpenMU Server:
List of Routers - Customized for MUnique OpenMU Server
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for MUnique OpenMU Server.