Forward Ports on Your Router for Need for Speed: Payback
Need for Speed: Payback offers the following styles of gameplay.
- Arcade games are short games that are made to be played for a short amount of time. Original arcade games were coin operated, but many arcade style games are PC and console.
- Driving/racing games put you in the cockpit of a vehicle. The view can be either from inside the cockpit or from a chase camera. Examples include Mario Kart, Dirt, and Forza.
Forward Ports for Need for Speed: Payback
When you are playing Need for Speed: Payback you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Need for Speed: Payback Require
The ports that need to be forwarded for Need for Speed: Payback are as follows:
Need for Speed: Payback - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480,42230
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,42230
Need for Speed: Payback - PC
- TCP: 80,443,8080
- UDP: 443
Need for Speed: Payback - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074,42230
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,3659,4500,10000-40000
We have guides that are custom tailored for Need for Speed: Payback that will show you the incoming connection ports.
- Need for Speed: Payback - Playstation 4
- Need for Speed: Payback - PC
- Need for Speed: Payback - Xbox One
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.