How to Port Forward Need for Speed: Rivals
Need for Speed: Rivals includes the following styles of play.
- In driving/racing style games you are in control of a vehicle, either from its cockpit or from a chase camera. They are usually fast paced and reflex based. Some of them have story modes while others are more arcade style. Popular driving racing games include Forza, Dirt, and Mario Kart.
- Arcade games are short games that are made to be played for a short amount of time. Original arcade games were coin operated, but many arcade style games are PC and console.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- Open world style games are usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose. The player is usually allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
Port Forward Need for Speed: Rivals
When you are playing Need for Speed: Rivals you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Need for Speed: Rivals Require
The necessary ports for Need for Speed: Rivals are as follows:
Need for Speed: Rivals - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Need for Speed: Rivals - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Need for Speed: Rivals - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Need for Speed: Rivals - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Need for Speed: Rivals - PC
- TCP: 8080
Need for Speed: Rivals - Steam
- TCP: 8080,27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
We have guides that are custom tailored for Need for Speed: Rivals that will show you the ports.
- Need for Speed: Rivals - Xbox One
- Need for Speed: Rivals - Playstation 4
- Need for Speed: Rivals - Playstation 3
- Need for Speed: Rivals - Xbox 360
- Need for Speed: Rivals - PC
- Need for Speed: Rivals - Steam
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.