How to Port Forward Need for Speed - Rivals
Need for Speed: Rivals is a Driving/Racing game published by Electronic Arts released in 2013.
Need for Speed: Rivals is a driving / racing style of game. Most driving / racing games are some sort of competition, and can be on land, sea, air, or outer space. In some racing games the is either 1st person in the cockpit or 3rd person such as a chase cam, while other games allow you to switch freely between the two views. Racing games are considered sports games.
How to Port Forward Need for Speed: Rivals
When you are playing Need for Speed: Rivals you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to click the links to get to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to click the links to get to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Need for Speed: Rivals
The necessary ports that need to be forwarded for Need for Speed: Rivals are as follows:
Need for Speed: Rivals - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Need for Speed: Rivals - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Need for Speed: Rivals - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Need for Speed: Rivals - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Need for Speed: Rivals - PC
- TCP: 1024-1124,3216,8080,9960-9969,18000,18060,18120,27900,28910,29900
- UDP: 1024-1124,18000,29900
We have guides that are custom tailored for Need for Speed: Rivals that will show you the exact ports.
- Need for Speed: Rivals - Xbox One
- Need for Speed: Rivals - Playstation 4
- Need for Speed: Rivals - Playstation 3
- Need for Speed: Rivals - Xbox 360
- Need for Speed: Rivals - PC
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.