NHL 12 is a Sports game published by EA Sports released in 2011.
NHL 12 is in the sports category of games. Most sports games allow you to manage not only the action during the game but also the "behind the scenes" aspect of the game.
Forward Ports for NHL 12
When you are playing NHL 12 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does NHL 12 Require
The incoming connection ports that need to be forwarded for NHL 12 are as follows:
NHL 12 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 3074
NHL 12 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 5223
- UDP: 5223, 3478-3479, 3658, 10000-10150, 42127
We have guides that are custom tailored for NHL 12 that will show you the required incoming ports.
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.