NHL 18 is an EA Sports's Sports game released in 2017.
NHL 18 is a hockey game. Most sports games allow you to manage not only the action during the game but also the "behind the scenes" aspect of the game. NHL 18 takes you from the expansion draft all the way to victory in a co-op and competitive multiplayer hockey simulator.
Forward Ports for NHL 18
When you are playing NHL 18 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to navigate to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to navigate to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for NHL 18
The ports that need to be forwarded for NHL 18 are as follows:
NHL 18 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480, 10000-10150, 42127
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3659, 6000, 10000-10150
NHL 18 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074, 10000-10150, 42127
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 3659, 4500, 6000, 10000-10150
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and NHL 18 simply follow one of these links:
When you are done following those steps your ports will be open. Do you need more games or programs forwarded? Check out our games and programs list.