The following ports need to be forwarded for O2 Boostbox:
O2 Boostbox - PC
- TCP: 50
- UDP: 123, 500, 4500
Set Up a Port Forward for O2 Boostbox
When you use O2 Boostbox you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to O2 Boostbox.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Setting Up a Port Forward for O2 Boostbox
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for O2 Boostbox in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for O2 Boostbox:
List of Routers - Customized for O2 Boostbox
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for O2 Boostbox.