Oaken is Goblinz Publishing's Turn-Based, Tactical, Role-Playing, Strategy, and Card Game game released in 2022.
Which Ports Does Oaken Require
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Oaken are as follows:
Oaken - Steam
- TCP: 27015, 27036
- UDP: 27015, 27031-27036
Oaken - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Oaken yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Oaken simply follow one of these links:
When you play Oaken you will experience the following styles of play.
- Turn based games have each player take a dedicated turn. Players can frequently manage their inventory, cards, or characters while the other player is making their move.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
- Most card games are top down view of a gaming table, but they are sometimes a virtual hand held up in the air on screen. They are sometimes single and sometimes multiplayer. Typical card games include Magic the Gathering, poker, and solitaire.
Forward Ports for Oaken
When you are playing Oaken you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.