The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for OpenPCTV are:
OpenPCTV - Default
- TCP: 1084, 1131, 1308, 8080, 9090
- UDP: 1900, 9777, 12374
Set Up a Port Forward for OpenPCTV
When you use OpenPCTV you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to OpenPCTV.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your media server's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for OpenPCTV
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The way to forward a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your media server's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for OpenPCTV in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for OpenPCTV:
List of Routers - Customized for OpenPCTV
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for OpenPCTV.