Ports Required for Payday 3
The ports that need to be forwarded for Payday 3 are as follows:
Payday 3 - Steam
- TCP: 27015, 27036
- UDP: 27015, 27031-27036
Payday 3 - Playstation 5
- TCP: 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Payday 3 - Xbox Series X
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Payday 3 that will show you the incoming connection ports.
When you play Payday 3 you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- In a strategy game the player is required to use skillful thinking and a strong focus on planning ahead in order to achieve victory over their opponent. They can be either single player against bots or multiplayer against other players. They come in both turn-based and real-time versions, the former allowing each player a chance to complete their turn, the latter having a continuous running clock without stopping. Resource management and exploration are common themes in strategy games.
- In a stealth style game you use hiding, disguises, muffled clothing, and shadows to overcome antagonists. Sometimes in a stealth style of game you get the choice of taking the quiet approach or the direct approach of attacking the enemy. Stealth games frequently feature a strong strategy component as well.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
How to Port Forward Payday 3
When you are playing Payday 3 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.