Creating a Port Forward in Your Router for PlanetSide Arena
PlanetSide Arena has the following styles of gameplay.
- MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online game. MMO's are huge open worlds where large numbers of people play at the same time. The focus highly on character development and progression, as well as loot collection and grouping together.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
How to Port Forward PlanetSide Arena
When you are playing PlanetSide Arena you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does PlanetSide Arena Require
The network ports for PlanetSide Arena are as follows:
PlanetSide Arena - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
PlanetSide Arena - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
We have guides that are custom tailored for PlanetSide Arena that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded.
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.