Which Ports Does Police Simulator: Patrol Officers Require
The necessary ports for Police Simulator: Patrol Officers are as follows:
Police Simulator: Patrol Officers - Steam
- TCP: 27015, 27036
- UDP: 27015, 27031-27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Police Simulator: Patrol Officers simply follow one of these links:
Police Simulator: Patrol Officers includes the following styles of play.
- Open world style games are usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose. The player is usually allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment.
- Simulation is a huge category of games that includes driving and flying simulators, social simulations, medical simulations, sports simulations, and even dating simulations. They attempt to mimic the real world in a way that is either educational or rewarding or both. Popular examples include SimCity, FlightGear, and Madden NFL.
How to Port Forward Police Simulator: Patrol Officers
When you are playing Police Simulator: Patrol Officers you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
When you are done following those steps your ports will be open. Do you need more games or programs forwarded? Check out our games and programs list.