Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for PrismCube Ruby:
PrismCube Ruby - Default
- TCP: 1084, 1131, 1308, 8080, 9090
- UDP: 1900, 9777, 12374
Setting Up a Port Forward for PrismCube Ruby
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use PrismCube Ruby. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to PrismCube Ruby.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of your media server.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Forward Ports for PrismCube Ruby
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type the IP address of your media server into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for PrismCube Ruby in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for PrismCube Ruby:
List of Routers - Customized for PrismCube Ruby
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for PrismCube Ruby.