The ports that need to be forwarded for qBittorrent are listed here:
qBittorrent - PC
- TCP: User configured
Setting Up a Port Forward for qBittorrent
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use qBittorrent. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to qBittorrent.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your download client.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for qBittorrent
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your download client into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for qBittorrent in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for qBittorrent:
List of Routers - Customized for qBittorrent
That's all it takes to forward your ports for qBittorrent.
Use a VPN When you Torrent
Are you using a VPN with your torrent client? If not, you really should be. A VPN solves many of the issues surrounding torrents, including:
- A VPN hides your identity from other torrenters and from your ISP.
- A VPN increases your torrent download speeds by preventing your ISP from throttling your download speeds.
- A VPN allows you to improve your seed ratio by allowing incoming connections to your torrent client.
We use and recommend Private Internet Access because it is fast, secure, and highly reliable.
With Private Internet Access you get full speed access to your torrent downloads because they offer a free port forwarding option that you can point at your torrent download client. For more help see How To Port Forward with Private Internet Access.