The ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-412U device are listed here:
QNAP TS-412U - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-412U device
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-412U device. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a QNAP TS-412U device.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your NAS's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-412U device
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a QNAP TS-412U device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-412U device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-412U
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-412U device.