The following ports need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-659 Pro+ NAS:
QNAP TS-659 Pro+ - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-659 Pro+ NAS
When you use a QNAP TS-659 Pro+ NAS you may need to forward ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a QNAP TS-659 Pro+ NAS.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your NAS.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a QNAP TS-659 Pro+ NAS
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-659 Pro+ NAS in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-659 Pro+ NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-659 Pro+
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a QNAP TS-659 Pro+ NAS.