How to Port Forward Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield offers the following styles of play.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there is a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
Forward Ports for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield
When you are playing Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the fastest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield Require
The specific ports that need to be forwarded for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield are as follows:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield - PC
- UDP: 6667,7777-7787,8777-8787,40000-42000
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield simply follow one of these links:
When you are done following those steps your ports will be open. Do you need more games or programs forwarded? Check out our games and programs list.