How to Port Forward Resident Evil 5 in Your Router
Resident Evil 5 offers the following genres of gameplay.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
- In a third person game you typically run around looking over the shoulder of the main character. They are frequently shooters like Gears of War or platformers like Tomb Raider or Assassins Creed.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- Survival games are usually focused on resource management, such as ammo and health, and occasionally include elements of stealth. They tend to be based on either supernatural enemies, have horror themes, or be post-apocalyptic. The primary gameplay mechanic is to simply stay alive.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
How to Port Forward Resident Evil 5
When you are playing Resident Evil 5 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Resident Evil 5 Require
The ports for Resident Evil 5 are as follows:
Resident Evil 5 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Resident Evil 5 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Resident Evil 5 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Resident Evil 5 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Resident Evil 5 - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Resident Evil 5 - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for Resident Evil 5 that will show you the incoming connection ports.
- Resident Evil 5 - Xbox 360
- Resident Evil 5 - Playstation 3
- Resident Evil 5 - Playstation 4
- Resident Evil 5 - Xbox One
- Resident Evil 5 - Steam
- Resident Evil 5 - Switch
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.