Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for Ring Battery Devices:
Ring Battery Devices - Internet of Things
- TCP: 32882-65533
- UDP: 53, 67-68, 123, 137, 15063-65439
Set Up a Port Forward for Ring Battery Devices
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use Ring Battery Devices. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to Ring Battery Devices.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your device's IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Forwarding a Port for Ring Battery Devices
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put your device's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Ring Battery Devices in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Ring Battery Devices:
List of Routers - Customized for Ring Battery Devices
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for Ring Battery Devices.